Join us on this spectacular 13-day tour from only £1654pp! Available on selected departures from Nov 23 - Nov 24.
This fantastic tour certainly lives up to its name, you’ll be able to take a boat trip across the magnificent Lake Nicaragua to the laid-back volcanic island of Ometepe, you can watch the lava glow in the depths of an impressive active volcano, discover the wonderful wildlife of the lush Selva Negra Cloud Forest, and explore Leon and Granada, two colonial towns that are bursting with revolutionary history.
- DAY 1 Join trip in Managua,
- DAY 2 Highlight Tour of Managua and Leon
- DAY 3 Free time to explore Leon or optional Cerro Negro hike
- DAY 4 Visit San Jacinto en-route to the Selva Negra cloud forest
- DAY 5 Transfer to Granada via the El Chile community
- DAY 6 Discover Granada, optional boat trip on Lake Nicaragua
- DAY 7 Visit the Masaya Volcano and artisan market
- DAY 8 Travel to Ometepe Island
- DAY 9 Free day for optional walks or cooking class at a women's co-operative
- DAY 10 Travel to San Juan del Sur on the Pacific Coast
- DAY 11 Optional surfing lesson or turtle nesting tour (in season)
- DAY 12 Return to the capital, Managua
- DAY 13 Trip ends in Managua
Price includes 12 nights’ accommodation, 12 breakfasts, 3 lunches and one evening meal, tour leader, boat crew, drivers, and local guide. Transportation via bus and ferry.
During this trip you'll be staying in a range of comfortable 3-star hotels, locally run wherever possible. You'll also stay for one night with a family in the San Ramon community, a simple but comfortable homestay experience where you'll have a mosquito net, fan, and private bathroom.
All prices are subject to availability/change and exclude flights, we can arrange these for an additional supplement.
Want more information on Nicaragua? You can find it here: